Enrolment - Faculty of Dentistry
INFORMATION FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 2022/2023
RECRUITMENT REQUIREMENTS IN ACADEMIC YEAR 2022/2023
Recruitment requirements are outlined in the Resolution of the Senate of the Wroclaw Medical University No. 2301 of 28.04.2021, App. 5:
Recruitment schedule for academic year 2022/2023 may be found below. Please read it carefully, because in the calendar can be found important information regarding admission procedure.
Attention! We would like to inform that the Online Registration System will be open on 21st February 2022. Deadline for application is July 2022.
RECRUITMENT REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURE 2022/2023
we are very pleased that you are interested in studying at our Wroclaw Medical University. Wroclaw Medical University is one of the most renowned public medical schools in Poland. The curriculum is identical with that of the Polish Division. Studies are adapted to the common European programe, in keeping with the European admission standards for medical education. Teaching is carried out by a team of highly educated specialists in tutorial groups of 10–12 students in the theoretical subjects and 4–5 students during bedside teaching. Currently, 886 students study in English at Wroclaw Medical University (753 medical students and 133 dentistry students), mostly from Germany but also from Scandinavia, Canada, USA, the United Kingdom, Ireland, India, RSA, and Saudi Arabia.
BASIC INFORMATION ABOUT ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Admission requirements are the same for the Faculty of Medicine and the Faculty of Dentistry. According to our recruitment procedure there are no entrance exams or interviews at the Wroclaw Medical University. We have an open competition of grades. The results of the following subjects must be presented on the High School Diploma: Chemistry, Biology – mandatory, and Physics or Mathematics – one of them. This will be checked during the enrolment procedures. Candidates will be chosen by an open competition on the basis of grades on the high school certificate (transcript of grades). Please note that the High School Diploma has to entitle the candidate to study at university level in the country of the candidate’s origin where the diploma has been issued.
How to apply for admission to Wroclaw Medical University?
All candidates applying for a place in the University are asked to register in Online Registration System (IRK). Link to the IRK System is going to be available on our website since 21st February 2022. All candidates are obliged to pay recruitment fee in first stage of recruitment procedure. The recruitment fee is 85 PLN and will be generated by Online system in candidates' profiles.
There are two stages of recruitment procedure:
- Online registration – application for all candidates. Starts on 21st February 2022
- Submitting of originals of documents, payments of tuition fee – it applies only to candidates who have been accepted after Stage 1.
What documents (scans) are required during Stage 1 procedure?
- High School Diploma with transcript of grades - which qualifies a candidate to undertake higher education studies at university level in the country of issue. Translation into Polish is required.
- English Language Certificate – if your mother language is not English, e.g. IELTS, TOEFL.
- Copy of passport or another personal ID – personal ID refers only to EU countries. In case of having Polish passport (ID) and passport (ID) of different country you have to use Polish passport (ID).
- Health Certificate – stating that the candidate is in good condition to start medical studies. Filled and signed by a doctor.
- Application Form – signed by the candidate.
English Language Certificates
- IB Diploma and EB diploma are equivalent to the proficiency of English Language
- Candidates from EU and EFTA (whole period of High school in EU and EFTA) – certificates confirming English language proficiency on the level B2, according to Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) as well as :
- Swedish candidates (whole period of High school in Sweden) – advanced English presented on High School Diploma with minimum grade : C or VG
- Norwegian candidates (whole period of High school in Norway) – advanced English presented on High School Diploma with minimum grade : 4 (god kompetanse i faget)
- German candidates (whole period of High school in Germany) – advanced English presented on High School Diploma with minimum grade : 2 (Gut)
- Candidates from countries where the official language is English and the medium of instructions was English during whole period of education : not applicable
ADMISSION PROCEDURE – STAGE ONE.
In the Stage One the candidates must create an account in the System. After successful creation, they upload scans of the documents mentioned above. Those scans will be considered by the Admission Board. If the candidate is qualified to admission by the Admission Board, the candidate is informed via Online system, as well as by email, informing on the approval to the Stage Two. All candidates may check it in their profiles. In this Stage the candidates must pay recruitment fee (85 PLN) to individual bank account number. This payment must be done till July 2022. Important is the day of receipt of payment to the account of the university. Without this payment the candidate cannot participate in the second Stage.
The deadline for online application is July 2022.
Attention: Applications submitted after the deadline or incomplete will not be considered by the Admission Board!
ADMISSION PROCEDURE – STAGE TWO
Stage Two applies to candidates who have been accepted by the Admission Board.
After successful conditional* acceptance in stage One your status in IRK profile will change from candidate into accepted. In that moment IRK system will generate agreement which can be found in “Print outs” in your profile. The candidate must print it out sign it and upload it into IRK profile “Attach documents”. In the Agreement you will find three important things : Individual bank account number for payment of tuition fee, Deadline for payment of tuition fee and Schedule of payment. In the mean time you will receive the Decision of conditional* acceptance, first – scanned into your email address, then the original of the Decision to your home address.
*what does it means Conditional acceptance – it means that :
- you must upload signed agreement into IRK profile
- you must pay tuition fee in proper time
- submit to the University originals of required documents. See list below.
If you meet this three condition your acceptance will be final.
Remember! In Stage Two you must submit the originals of the required documents and pay the tuition fee. The list of required originals of documents will be sent to you immediately after your acceptance by the Admission Board (Stage 1). For all accepted candidates the University assigns/prepares their individual bank accounts (in the Agreement). So please try not to use the general bank account number of the University.
Deadline for submitting of the originals of documents to the University and bank confirmation of payment (of tuition fee) is August 31st 2022. Remember the deadline for payment of the tuition fee you will find in your agreement.
List of the ORIGINALS of documents, which must be submitted to Wroclaw Medical University (only for accepted candidates):
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA AND TRANSCRIPT OF GRADES (if not included on the Diploma). The original of High School Diploma (in your language of origin) must be legalized in Polish Embassy or Consulate , or provided with an APOSTILLE in the country of student`s origin (depending on country). Please learn more about apostille HERE. Please also learn more about legalization of documents HERE.
- TRANSLATION OF THE HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA AND TRANSCRIPT OF GRADES – The Polish translation has to be done by a sworn translator.
- CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILITY - a document which certifies that the diploma authorises to undertake higher education studies in compliance with the valid regulation of the issuing state, if applicable (if not included on the Diploma);
- APPLICATION FORM – filled in and signed by the candidate (including personal questionnaire) for admission to studies, stating the chosen field of studies.
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE CERTIFICATE – that proves a good command of both written and spoken English (e.g. FCE, CAE, CPE, TOEFL, IELTS). Documents confirming language proficiency are listed in Appendix 1(file below.
- HEALTH CERTIFICATE - filled and signed by a doctor
- HEPATITIS B – confirmation of vaccination against it.
REMEMBER ! The deadline for submission of the documents listed above is on August 31st 2022.
Number of available places for the first year students: 18
Successful candidates may wish to apply for a place in a student's dorm. See accommodation in left menu.
Legalization (authentication) of documents:
Please note that the procedure is different depending on country of origin.
Dear candidates here you will learn more regarding statuses during recruitment procedure:
REGISTERED – the person who created its account in IRK System, without next steps.
CANDIDATE – status following after Registered. The person who filled all required information and uploaded all required scans of documents. Recruitment fee payment comleated. Waiting for the decision of Recruitment Board.
CONDITIONALLY ACCEPTED – status following after Candidate. The person assessed positively by the Recruitment Board, who must meet additional requirements : sign Agreement, submit originals of documents, pay tuition fee for the first semester
ACCEPTED – status following after Conditionally Accepted. The person who met all requirements, waiting for the beginning of academic year to sign the Oath.
UNACCEPTED – The person who wasn’t accepted by the Recruitment Board
RESIGNATION – The person who resigned from the studies.
PENDING - status following after Candidate. The person who is on waiting list. Waiting for final decision of the Recruitment
CONTACT FOR CANDIDATES :
Wroclaw Medical University
phone: +48 71 784 19 97
Phone +48 71 784 17 53
Email : email@example.com
Attachment No. 6
to the Regulation No. 138/XV R/2018 of the Rector of the Wrocław Medical University of 15 November 2018
INFORMATION CLAUSE CONCERNING THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
OF CANDIDATES FOR STUDIES AT THE WROCLAW MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
Pursuant to Article 13 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC - General Data Protection Regulation, hereinafter referred to as the GDPR (EU OJ L 119, 2016, p. 1, as amended), we hereby inform that:
PERSONAL DATA CONTROLLER
The Controller of your personal data is Wroclaw Medical University (Uniwersytet Medyczny im. Piastów Śląskich we Wrocławiu), with its registered office at: Wybrzeże Pasteura 1, 50-367 Wrocław, represented by the Rector.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
The Controller has appointed the Data Protection Officer whom you can contact at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org in relation to all issues related to the processing of personal data.
PURPOSES AND LEGAL BASIS OF PROCESSING
- Your personal data will be processed for the following purposes:
- to carry out the admission procedure and, in the case of admission, to conclude and perform the contract and for the purposes arising from the educational process,
- to fulfil accounting, reporting and archiving obligations of the Controller.
- The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is:
- Art. 6(1)(c) of the GDPR, i.e. carrying out the legal obligations of the Controller with regard to the provisions of the Act of 20 July 2018 - Law on Higher Education and Science along with secondary legislation and other provisions to which the Controller is subject, including reporting, accounting, and archiving obligations,
- in the case of admission to the university - Art. 6(1)(b) of the GDPR, i.e. indispensability of the processing for the conclusion of the contract between you and the University.
PERSONAL DATA RECIPIENTS
The Controller does not make your personal data available to any recipients, except for cases where such obligation results from generally applicable laws. Pursuant to Article 72 (5) of the Act - Law on Higher Education and Science, the results of the admission procedure shall be public.
The Controller may entrust the processing of your personal data on behalf of the Controller to another entity under a written agreement, in particular to entities providing and maintaining software used for data processing.
PERSONAL DATA STORAGE PERIOD
The Controller will store your personal data for the period necessary for processing purposes, i.e. for the duration of the admission procedure and for the period of storing financial and accounting records. In the case of admission to studies, personal data will be processed in accordance with the course of study and then archived and stored for a period of 50 years.
INFORMATION ON YOUR RIGHTS
In the cases, under the terms and in the manner specified in the applicable regulations, you have the right to: access your data and rectify them (Art. 15 and 16 of the GDPR), erase your data (Art. 17 of the GDPR), limit the processing of your data (Art. 18 of the GDPR), object to the processing of your personal data (Art. 21 of the GDPR), transfer your data (Art. 20 of the GDPR).
You have the right to file a complaint with the Supervisory Authority: the President of the Personal Data Protection Office, ul. Stawki 2, 00-193 Warsaw, if you suspect that the personal data are processed by the Controller in violation of the law.
INFORMATION CONCERNING THE OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE DATA AND POSSIBLE CONSEQUENCES OF REFUSAL
The obligation to provide your personal data results from applicable regulations. Failure to provide personal data will result in the refusal to qualify a candidate for the admission process or refusal to conclude a contract.
INFORMATION ON AUTOMATED DECISION-MAKING, INCLUDING PROFILING
Your personal data are not subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, referred to in Art. 4(4) of the GDPR, which is a form of automated processing of personal data consisting in using personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects of a natural person.
TUITION FEE FROM THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2022/2023
Tuition fee resulting from the terms of the agreement shall be paid on the dates and to the bank account specified in the agreement. All candidates will be assigned their own individual bank account number. The payment must be done for this individual account. Do not forget to write ED or English Division as well as your full name on your bank money order. The annual tuition fee for the Faculty of Dentistry is 61.000 PLN.
Time limits and rules for collecting fees for educational services provided in a English language:
Polish citizens admitted to the first year of study:
Annual instalment, first semester instalment (the amount of the annual fee increased by 2.5% of this fee, and then divided into two equal installments), First semester instalment (the amount of the annual fee increased by 3.5% of this fee, and then divided into four equal installments) - payable within 3 working days from the date of signing the contract on the terms of payment for educational services and other fees related to studying, but not later than until 15 September.
Second instalment payable by 15 February
Second instalment payable by 15 November
Third instalment payable by 15 February
Fourth instalment payable by 15 May
Foreign students admitted to the first year of study
Annual instalment, first semester instalment (the amount of the annual fee increased by 2.5% of this fee, and then divided into two equal installments), First semester instalment (the amount of the annual fee increased by 3.5% of this fee, and then divided into four equal installments) - payable within 14 working days from the date of signing the contract on the terms of payment for educational services and other fees related to studying, but not later than until 15 September.
Second instalment payable by 15 February
Second instalment payable by 15 November
Third instalment payable by 15 February
Fourth instalment payable by 15 May
The day of payment is the day of crediting the University's bank account specified in the agreement on the conditions of payment for educational services and other fees related to studies.
Each candidate is required to pay the recruitment fee to their individually assigned bank account of the University as generated by the IRK. The recruitment fee is 85 PLN. Please note that the payment date is the date of crediting the tuition fee to the bank account of the University. When making the payment order, please state the payer as the party paying the bank costs.
The divided tuition fee into annual installments should be paid according to the schedule below:
|Year of Study||Faculty of Medicine, Annual Tuition (PLN*)|
*PLN – the Polish Zloty currency
Students holding IB or EB high school diplomas do not need to have apostille nor to undergo the procedure of nostrification of their certificates described above.