Transfer students (English Division Dentistry)

Transfer students
Order of the Dean of the Faculty of Dentistry on the internal procedure for transfers

Admission criteria for transfer students:

Candidates from other medical universities in Poland or abroad who have attended program of dentistry studies in English language before can apply for transfer to the 5-year dentistry program at the WMU only within the same faculty. Please note that the transfer may take place only at the beginning of the academic year, once the student has completed the previous academic year and has met all the requisites operative at the university the student is leaving, that is the student must have obtained credits in all subjects and must have passed all required exams. Transfer to the Faculty of Dentistry is basically possible to the 3rd year of studies.

Documents will be consider if:

The student has completed his studies, it means: he/she has completed all subjects and passed all exams.

Student has a continuity of the study, can not have any break.

The candidates are expected to submit the following documents before the 15th of August prior to the beginning of the prospective academic year:

  1. filled in application form (form below)
  2. original college transcript of records from the University the student is leaving
  3. High School Diploma (original) plus apostille (both with Polish translation)
  4. Original high school diploma (or its copy certified by a notary) of a sufficiently high standard must be legalized by a Polish consulate (or other institution authorized to this procedure) in the country of student`s origin as the equivalent to Polish secondary school certificate. Students with diploma from the countries which are members of the Hague Conference on Private Law must receive an apostille on the original high school diploma ( The diploma must be then submitted to the Department of Education in Poland (Kuratorium Oswiaty) in order to be recognized as equivalent to the Polish high school diploma.
  5. Certificate from Polish Embassy or other authorized institution stating that this diploma entitles its owner to continue higher education at university level (unless such statement is provided on the diploma)
  6. Students holding IB or EB high school diploma do not need to have apostille and certificate indicated in pkt 5.
  7. Students who transfer from different Polish Universities should provide two certificates: medical and sanitary one.
  8. Students who transfer from foreign University should complete Health Certificate Form Medical Health Certificate (file below)
  9. English language certificate that proves a good command of both written and spoken English (FCE, CAE, CPE, TOEFL) or any other document of reasonable proficiency in English, as described in form below
  10. photocopy of the applicant's passport
  11. Grade average – GPA (authorized by university that student is leaving).

**** IMPORTANT: Students who apply for a transfer to the 3rd year are obliged to pass an exam in Preclinical dentistry" which includes subjects from 2nd year (Physiology of masticatory system,Dental materials, Preclinical restorative dentistry, Preclinical endodontics) and from 1st year (Prosthodontics and Ergonomics).


Incomplete documents will not be considered.

All documents must be translated into Polish by a sworn translator 

All the above documents should be sent to the email address: