Transfer students

Admission criteria for transfer students:

Candidates from other medical universities in Poland or abroad who have attended a program of medicine studies in the English language before can apply for transfer to the 6-year medical program at the WMU only within the same faculty. Please note that the transfer may take place only at the beginning of the academic year (October), once the student has completed the previous academic year and has met all the requisites operative at the university the student is leaving. Transfer to the Faculty of Medicine is basically possible up to the 3rd year of studies.

Documents will be consider if:

The student has completed his studies, it means: he/she has completed all subjects and passed all exams.

Student has a continuity of the study, can not have any break.

The candidates are expected to submit the following documents from 1st of August 2023 till 15th of August 2023 (only original documents via regular post), prior to the beginning of the prospective academic year:

1. Filled in application form.

2. Original college transcript of records from the University the student is leaving.

3. High School Diploma (original) plus apostille (both with Polish translation).

4. Original high school diploma (or its copy certified by a notary) of a sufficiently high standard must be legalized by a Polish consulate (or other institution authorized to this procedure) in the country of student`s origin as the equivalent to Polish secondary school certificate. Students with diploma from the countries which are members of the Hague Conference on Private Law must receive an apostille on the original high school diploma ( The diploma must be then submitted to the Department of Education in Poland (Kuratorium Oswiaty) in order to be recognized as equivalent to the Polish high school diploma.

5. Certificate from Polish Embassy or other authorized institution stating that this diploma entitles its owner to continue higher education at university level (unless such statement is provided on the diploma).

6. Students holding IB or EB high school diploma do not need to have apostille and certificate indicated in pkt 5.

7. Students who transfer from different Polish Universities should provide two certificates: medical and sanitary one.

Students who transfer from foreign University should complete Health Certificate Form attached below:

8. English language certificate that proves a good command of both written and spoken English (FCE, CAE, CPE, TOEFL) or any other document of reasonable proficiency in English.

9. Photocopy of the applicant's passport.

10. Grade average – GPA (authorized by university that student is leaving).

The envelope with documents has to include the postscript: TRANSFER STUDENT

Incomplete documents will not be considered.

All the above documents should be submitted to:

English Division
Chalubinskiego 6a,
50-368 Wrocław, Poland

Katarzyna Bielawska, MA
tel. +48 71 784 28 04